Friday, November 28, 2008 :::
Today marks the official first day of the Christmas season which means I can finally listen to some holiday music - even some obnxious holiday music - and I've already made my special 2008 Xmas mix:
1. Jingle Bells - The Puppini Sisters
2. I Got Coal - Deathray Davies
3. Sleigh Ride - Andy Williams
4. I’ll Be Home for Christmas - Holly Conlan
5. All That I Want - The Weepies
6. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Ella Fitzgerald
7. Away in a Manger - Shawn Lee‘s Ping Pong Orchestra
8. Mele Kilikimaka - Luke
9. Winter Song - Sara Barielles & Ingrid Michaelson
10. O Come, O Come Emmanuel - Sixpence None the Richer
11. Un Flambeau, Jeanette, Isabelle - Loreena McKennitt
12. Winter Wonderland - Dean Martin
13. Carol of the Bells - The Bird and the Bee
14. The Little Match Seller - The Puppini Sisters
15. Donde Esta Santa Claus? - Guster
16. Linus and Lucy - Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
17. Rudy - The Be Good Tanyas
18. Holy, Holy, Holy - Sufjan Stevens
19. Winter Wonderland - Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass
20. Christmas Alphabet - The McGuire Sisters
21. Do You Hear What I Hear - Shawn Lee’s Ping Pong Orchestra
22. Bizarre Christmas Incident - Ben Folds
23. Themes from Christmas - This Story
24. Auld Lang Syne - Mairi Campbell & Dave Francis
25. My Dear Acquaintance (A Happy New Year) - Regina Spektor
And if you send me a very nice email I might let you in on where you can get all of these fine tunes.
::: posted by dan at 8:26 AM :: [ link ] :: (16) comments
16 previous comments:
I LOVE the puppini sisters! What a fun surprise:)have fun playing sexy scrabble
By Stacy, at 2:44 PM
I just looked at all the tracks...this may be the best kick ass christmas yet
By Stacy, at 2:46 PM
did you see madame von big hair at thanksgiving this year?
By , at 8:48 PM
where can i get them? FATTY
By , at 10:05 AM
There is nothing "kickass" about using the Scriptina font. I wish someone would ban that god-forsaken font.
By , at 5:40 PM
I think I used Scriptina quite adequately here thank you very much. Every font has its use. Except maybe Fajita.
By dan, at 6:06 PM
Is wingdings considered a font?
If so you should have used that and we could have decoded kickass Christmas... Now that would have been "kick ass"
By Stacy, at 6:58 PM
don't you sometimes have a handy jukebox where we can listen to the kick ass christmas album? i don't see it this year...
By , at 7:15 PM
Dom Casual. Best font EVER.
By , at 8:39 AM
Ooh, yeah Dan, can you do that handy jukebox thing like you had last year? That was fun!
By , at 9:58 AM
I can't find your email (and I a moron?), but I'd like the tunes. I've been jamming on Kickassiest Christmas already this month.
By , at 11:26 PM
I would like to get those fine tunes.
By Sherry, at 7:00 PM
I would love to the tunes
By daisy102998, at 8:46 AM
I would love to have this playing on the HI-FI on Christmas Morn. I kindly request access to your treasure trove of tunes.
By , at 10:29 PM
I'm trying to expose my 14 year old son to some good music, and this list looks wonderful. Could you, oh please, share with me where I can get said music? And a Merry xmas to you!
By Irish Goddess, at 8:36 PM
Love your Kick-Ass Xmas playlists, especially the '08 one. I'd love to get these wonderful tracks... Where o where can I get them?
By Robin, at 2:37 PM
< Back to Blog
Animated Friday (Actually, It's Thursday Edition)!...
Juicy Turkey! Sumptuous Ham!
Animated Friday (My Favorite Things Edition)!
The Planetdan Oompa Trance Dance
CSI: The Experience
Animated Friday (When Animals Attack Edition)!
A Brush with Death
Animated Friday (Parenting is Hard Edition)!
The Future is Now
beware of the blog
b stacy b
trek geek scott
and far away
the big lug
girls are pretty
more cow bell
world of wonder