Monday, June 12, 2006 :::
Galactic Pizza is a local pizza joint that requires its delivery guys to wear spandex, helmets, and capes while driving around town on three-wheeled electrical eco-cars. You can seem them zooming around Uptown at all hours, their capes flapping in the wind behind them. A friend of mine happened to live directly above the place, so I've been up close and personal with the superheroes a few times. In fact, on top of Galactic Pizza is where this exchange originally happened.
Anyway, they made the news for foiling a purse snatcher:
Caped Uptown Pizza Crusader Comes To The Rescue
The victim in the video reminds me of these people a little bit, which is one of my favorite all time videos. I love the local news. But I think that Luke Pie Rocker might be the worst pun I've ever heard. [Thanks to Monkey for the link]
::: posted by dan at 11:11 AM :: [ link ] :: (11) comments
11 previous comments:
oh.my.god. i don't know who i feel more sorry for; the poor schlub who got pursejacked, or the tool in the tights who seemingly actually fancies himself as a superhero.
maybe i'm just jealous of his sateen shorts and shortie cape.
By melissa mcgee, at 11:40 PM
I'm jealous of the victim getting about a minute of her ass shown on tv. Nice camera-work there, Corky.
By , at 6:58 AM
I can't believe I haven't heard of this place! I know where I'll be buying all my pizza's from now on.
By Ricardo Pants, at 9:55 AM
but do they have good pizza?
By the other sarah, at 12:27 PM
There are so many things to love about that story. Everyone involved has a great sense of humor!
By , at 7:16 PM
The pizza is fantastic. All organic ingredients. They also offer a daily $4.20 special if you order pizza at 4:20pm.
By , at 12:50 PM
Seriously - what self respecting person would do this for a living? (Sateen short shorts - rolflmao)
By elizabeth, at 6:13 PM
I want to live in your town.
By tcarole, at 11:37 PM
this has made my day i can't stop laughing, the best thing is the pizza guys are not even school kids
By , at 7:51 AM
Awesome! What's wrong with dudes in capes? That'd be an awesome job. Lighten up and laugh a little, people!
By , at 6:24 PM
If you think this is interesting, check out Pizza Fusion - www.pizzafusion.com. Based out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, this new organic pizza franchise is ‘Saving the Earth, One Pizza at a Time’.
Here are some examples of their environmental efforts:
- Delivering their food in company owned hybrid vehicles
- Powering their stores, corporate office and website 100% with renewable wind energy
- Recycling and giving customers discounts for bringing back their pizza boxes to recycle them
- Using only eco-friendly cleaners to sanitize all their stores
- Using 100% post consumer recycled paper in all their collateral
- Printing their collateral with soy inks
- Designing and constructing their stores with renewable, reusable, and recycled products according to the LEED construction rating system.
- Serving their food in plastic substance like containers that are made 100% from corn starch and are designed to decompose in landfills in 30 days
- Providing their employees only with eco-apparel made from 100% organic cotton
- Host a free organics for kids class every third Thursday of the month that educates children on the importance of eating organic and recycling
- Donate money to environmental causes in and around their communities
By Eric, at 5:10 PM
< Back to Blog
Extra Extra Read All About It
Greasy Cooters. Now with more dan.
Foot in Mouth Disease
The Press Rules
Name Game '06 Results!
HAPPY BIRFDAY K-MACK!
From last month's picture archives.
beware of the blog
b stacy b
trek geek scott
and far away
the big lug
girls are pretty
more cow bell
world of wonder